Elect Linda Deos for
Yolo County Supervisor
Did you know that it has been ten years since a woman served on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors?
In that time, housing, healthcare and childcare costs have skyrocketed, the percent of youth in foster care has increased by 50% and homelessness has exploded.
Studies show that when women serve, support increases exponentially for families, childcare/education, and seniors.
My name is Linda Deos, and I am running for Supervisor to bring vision, courage, and a fresh perspective to our Board of Supervisors.
As a Consumer Protection Attorney, I have successfully sued big banks for mortgage fraud and defended employees who have endured sexual harassment and discrimination. Through my work I know all too well that too many people in our community are just one missed paycheck away from disaster.
As your supervisor, I will take the lead to:
- Fight for more affordable housing in our cities, including housing for seniors, families and young people that includes more multi-unit and cooperative housing options;
- Ensure that we make available more childcare options for families at all income levels, and expand affordable childcare and preschool;
- Create a local green new deal that fully leverages the expertise in our community;
- Protect our natural resources, prepare for extreme weather and put Yolo county on the path towards 100% sustainability;
- Properly fund approaches to crime that don’t involve incarceration, including providing housing, education and job training services - evidence-based approaches that reduce recidivism rates and thus keep everyone safer; and
- Create a Rural Innovation Hub in Yolo that can become the leading research park in the world for building a sustainable planet.
As a former member of the Yolo County Health Council, I learned first-hand the physical and mental health challenges of people in our communities. We must expand and improve access to healthcare, including long-term and mental health care, for all who need it.
I want to hear from you. If you have any questions, feel free to email me personally at Linda@LindaDeos.com.
I would be honored to have your vote.
Linda Deos in the News
Linda Deos takes on Provenza in county supervisor race
Local attorney and activist Linda Deos has her sights set on a seat on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. ...
Marty West Letter: Support Linda Deos
I am delighted to endorse Linda Deos for the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. It is time to change representatives. ...
Julie Gallelo Letter: Support Linda Deos
Ringing in the New Year brings with it new opportunities and new perspectives. My hope for 2020 is a new approach on the Yolo County Board of Supervis ...